Elf’s going to a movie tonight so we won’t be meeting tonight. We’ll be back next week. Happy Easter weekend!
2.6-Guise will be Guise
*Awww, poor Wes…Let’s see how many more ways we can emasculate him.
*Wierd, the guy who plays the Tooth Fairy in the Santa Clause movies is in this…
*Wes-This curse, it’s more what you’d call guidelines than actual rules…
*”Were you in Virginia?” Ahhh, Joss, I see what you did there…Are you five years old?!
*Another episode with daddy issues…Wow, Joss really hates(d) his father…
*What a jackass father!
*It’s so fun seeing J. August Richards on this who and now on Agents of SHIELD. I love how Joss reuses his actors.
*Ooooh, we know the girl in the middle of that group of girls!
*Angel, stop sniffing Cordy…!
*It’s Kate! Haven’t seen her in a while.
*Darla and Moriarty should team up some time as people who pretend to be other people to screw over their enemies.
*I like seeing the flashbacks with Dru.
*Darla, you have a soul—and mortality! Enjoy that…
*I don’t like Kate being so rude and aggressive to Gunn. That’s not ok.
*Kate’s kind of a bitch in this episode. I get that you think Angel killed your father, but it’s not ok to take that out on his colleagues.
* Lila’s a leopard. Meaning that she’ll never change her spots. Sneaky and sly and spying on coworkers…
* Love that Wes and Cordy have gone from magnetic attraction to sibling rivalry.
* Hmm… Psionic girl with red hair. Think her name’s Jean?
* The meeting between Angel and the girl reminds me of SPN.
* Nice. Lila sets her up to be eaten. Obviously a test of her powers, but if she’d failed? Not okay.
* It’s always nice when the client comes to you, isn’t it?
* I love them showing that Angel couldn’t come into the room until the baddy’d died at the hospital. Cute effect.
* Coffee before Starbucks took over the world…
* I do like Cordelia (the original Me Girl) as the world’s conscience.
* Every time Lila loses, it’s just a little more enjoyable.
* I forgot how freaky strange Darla was at the beginning of this season. Dang…
* I do love the character of David. He’s such an adorable geek. And I love how he makes Cordelia cross her eyes in want. ;)
* Even if they’d not told us, it would have been obvious that the spell on Angel was a Wolfram & Heart spell of some sort.
* Cordelia’s change is really pronounced in this episode. In the best way possible. It’s so fun watching her try to save Gunn.
* Demons hiding in plain sight everywhere in LA, but then, I suppose that’s not a huge surprise, especially for LA.
* Gunn’s definitely in meltdown mode. Glad he’s got someone trying to save him from himself. But he’ll want to be saved or it won’t work. No matter how pigheaded Cordelia can be.
I had planned on writing a review after seeing Captain America: The Winter Soldier today instead of our regularly scheduled Angel posts, but my brain has ceased to function after watching it. I loved the movie, I laughed, I cried, and I think I need to see it again before I can properly form my thoughts about it. If you have not had a chance to watch it, I highly recommend going to see it sooner rather than later, particularly if you are a regular watcher of the Agents of SHIELD show since there are some interconnections there. Run, don’t walk, to see this movie!!
*Back to Wolfram and Hart…
*Ooooh, powerful victim…witch maybe?
*So, she’s staying with Lilah and is part of the Wolfram and Hart plan…hmmm
*Cordy looks distrustful of Bethany. She’s pretty shrewd…
*Follow that van!
*And yet another episode about daddy issues…Joss, your issues are showing…
*Wait, so was that Lilah’s big plan? Send in a “slutty” girl to seduce Angel so he’d turn back into Angelus? That is so douchey of her…If that was the plan.
*I feel like I don’t have much to say about this episode. It wasn’t a bad one, it’s just a subject that’s pretty creepy…As Cordy says, there’s not enough yuck in the world.
*Huh??? This must be a dream sequence…
*Oh my gosh, that guy’s back!! And he has a sword…and a cape…wow.
*Geez, Gunn’s in a perpetual bad mood…Very rude to Cordy and Wes.
*They’re right, three vampires should be easier for them to take out. And I would just like to take a moment to point out that Cordy took out one of them on her own, thank you very much!
*That’s the first time Cordy has seen somebody they know in a vision, I think.
*Poor Cordy, and of course Angel doesn’t pick up. And Wes’s pager is broken…
*Awww, Poor Cordy to the solo rescue!
*Cordy and Gunn…hmmm, do I ship this? It works in a weird way…
*Oh Cordy…please stop talking about being a working girl…just no…
*Wow, this is the Super Cordy to the Rescue! episode…I love it!
*I bet if first season Buffy Cordy saw herself now, she wouldn’t even recognize herself. I say she is the character who has grown the most since the beginning of the two shows.
*I agree, Gunn needs to learn to calm down or he’s gonna have a mental breakdown one day. Also, he probably just needs to get laid…
*I really liked this episode! It’s always fun to see two people who are very different forced to interact with one another and find common ground in spite of their differences.