*Ooooh, right, this one….hahhahahaha
*I love the switches, they were priceless! They really did a great job embodying one another.
*And yay for a Tina solo! She really is sadly underutilized on this show.
*Puck’s breakdown is really hard to watch.
*I love seeing Shannon leave and say that she’ll love herself. It’s a great moment of empowerment for her. And I love that she’s there for Puck too.
*And yay for 80’s music! I just love it when Glee does 80’s music.
*I love that Rachel had a picture of Finn from Rocky Horror Glee Show on her mirror. I love those little nods to the past.
*Nice little homage to Grease with Becky and the xylophone just before Sue delivers her announcement.
*I love Becky’s tantrum. It’s epic!
*Quinn should be Draco Malfoy’s sister, seriously. She’s just soooo devious. *Slytherin Queen*
*I love Santana’s prom dress. It’s gorgeous.
*I do love seeing Darren’s real hair in this. I miss it…
*I feel there’s some Buffy moments during the prom when Rachel’s elected prom queen. Her surprised reaction and the slow walk up to the stage was very much like Buffy’s prom.
*I do like that Rachel won, it was sweet. And I loved Puck and Becky’s anti-prom queen and king. Their crowns were cute. Very lovely.
* I knew Puck would be the one to try to drop out. Too obvious not to do. At least it was interestingly handled.
* And here I thought I hated Sue… But honestly, Sue, Black Sue? Ish.
* I have no words for the horribly stilted Phantom scene. Just ugh. Kurt should stick to Wicked. Or maybe do some West Side Story. Tony. Or his best friend. Or even Nardo…
* Rachel’s advice might have been fine for her (though obviously not with how things worked out), but that doesn’t mean it’s right for Kurt. Best to go with your gut. Whatever that is.
* Shannon’s situation hurt to watch. I’ve never been in an abusive situation, but…I’ve said those words. “Who’d want me?” Even without the abuse, it’s…not a happy way to be.
* I loved seeing Whoopi. She will eternally be one of my all-time favorite people.
* Obviously Rachel just wasn’t ready. She knows better than to stop and restart like that. She’s done singing too much not to know when you drop a line or a word, you just have to power through in a performance.
* I came of age in the 80s. Michael Jackson, Whitney, all of that great music… And with each death, it feels like a bit of that childhood is gone forever. I’m glad Glee and in particular Amber got a chance to do a tribute to Whitney. It was nice to see.
* I absolutely love Brittany’s version of Dance With Somebody. It feels unique and different. Very nice.
* Kurt even text-cheating on Blaine. I suppose it had to happen, but really? Just felt annoying and tacked on, with no lead-up or much follow-through, even.
* And more Finnchel. *yawns*
* Quinn and Joe. Okay…whatever. :P
*Buffy note: This episode was written by Marti Noxon. It’s probably why there was a little more depth to it…
*Alice Cooper is perfect for Puck. And another Buffy note: Watch the graduation episode of Buffy with this song playing. It’s like Joss had it in his head while writing the episode…
*Puck’s dad is sooooo horrible! Who does that to their kid?
*I love Kurt’s song he used to try out with. He did a great job. I hadn’t heard it before this.
*Oooooh and I know what’s coming for Rachel’s song and ooooh it is just painful. As much as she annoys the hell out of most of the time, and as much as she needs a good taking-down once in a while, it’s never fun to watch somebody else experience that much pain. I mean, her life’s been ruined in one moment. I have to feel some compassion for the girl.
*I hate that this happens to Bieste. I really really do. But I have to say I like that it wasn’t neatly wrapped up in one episode. It’s clearly unfinished and more complicated than one episode can really show. Kudos to Marti for showing us that.
3.17-Dance with Somebody
*I have no memory of this episode…
*Somebody with that bad of OCD is not going to handle being thrown something like moving up the wedding well. Honestly, it’s not fair to her.
*I like how Brittany thinks Joe is a girl…
*I really don’t know what Will’s problem is, but it’s really not cool.
*It’s nice to see Burt. It’s been a while.
*This was a nice episode, but I think I don’t remember it much because it’s not particularly memorable. It has the feeling of being a “filler” episode, though well done as a tribute to Whitney Houston.